Although tapenade is not a Spanish recipe we have included it in this section as all of the ingredients are Spanish and I think it is a great extra for you to try. It is a rich olive dip or spread which is easy to make and will last for about 2 weeks when kept in the fridge.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 250g of pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, not extra virgin
Serve with toast, crusty bread or brushetta biscuits.
If you use kalamata olives rather than spanish black olives the tapenade will have a stronger olive taste. You can also experiment a little with quantities of anchovies, capers and olive oil.
As mentioned above the tapenade will keep for about 2 weeks if kept refridgerated.