Spaghetti with Tuna and Olives Recipe
Espaguetis con Atun y Aceitunas
This recipe is not a very exact one but it is very easy to make and very tasty. You can use tinned or fresh tuna, olives stuffed with anchovies, peppers or simply pitted olives and really any type of pasta. I use tinned (canned) tuna, olives stuffed with anchovies and spaghetti.
Spaghetti with Tuna and Olives ingredients
Serves 4 main meals
- approximately 100g of canned tuna per person or 100-150g of fresh tuna per person
- 1 200-300g tin of olives cut in half
- 1 large or 2 medium onions thinly sliced or chopped
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- about 500g of spaghetti – less if you have a small appetite
- half a chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- a glass of white wine
- freshly ground black pepper
Add the white wine and the olives and bring to the boil allowing the alcohol to boil off.
Add about 300ml of boiling water, dissolve the stock cube and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes while you cook the spaghetti. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if you think it is necessary.
In a large pan of boiling water boil the spaghetti for approximately 10 minutes. Check the packet for details.
Mix the cooked spaghetti with the tuna and olive mix and serve in shallow bowls.
Serve with crusty or garlic bread and a glass of Barbadillo white wine or any other white wine you like.